Friday, September 18, 2009

Charming Barcelona


Hi again!!!


mmm I know I should have written earlier about the Asia trip and many other things which occurred this last summer, BUT i promise to update the blog asap. So as you might think i won't talk about last summer events but about this last weekend in Barcelona. Superb would be the most suitable word for the time spent in Cataluña.


Sagrada Familia


It all started last thursday when I got on the plane around 18.30. Not without having some problems... as I am sometimes so absentminded I didn't check in the departure board my flight but one of the flights going to barcelona, hence, when I noticed, I found myself in just the opposite gate I should be at. When I realized I was scared and nervous at the same time and I ran towards the stewardess shouting and begging for a solution, eventually one kind old man came to pick me up and took me to the right gate, fortunately on time!!.


Due to ryanair policy i arrived in Girona instead and consequently the trip entails one hour and a half more. Well, at that point i didn't mind, i just wanted to arrive as soon as possible at Olga's. Tired and exhausted after the long tripping day I arrived in Olga's and Kama's street around 23.30 but I was looking forward to discovering how Olga would react to my unexpected visit. Kamila, to whom i am really grateful for not having let on the secret, picked me out in the street and brought me home. It was so funny to see Olga's shocked face haha.



One park there in Barcelona


It must be said that the weather there was amazing over the weekend, so on friday we got to go the beach and we enjoy rambling around the shore. At dusk we headed for Plaza Cataluña cos Olga and Kama were supposed to meet there their teacher. After their meeting they came back home and we all had a dinner together before going out and experience Barcelona's nightlife. The dinner was some kind of basic stuff, Tortilla de patata and ham and cheese sandwich but my hosts: Kamila, Olga and Bartek seemed to like it, so I did. Later on we hooked up some erasmus friends by the port and we chatted there for a while, it is fun to hear people talking in spanish when they are not so fluent :), suppose it's like me in another language. Afterwards we just plunged into Barcelona's bursting nightlife.



Olga in the same park


Following days were also fantastic, going sightseeing in the morning and early afternoon and heading for some fun in the evening. I can write what I did exactly but it could be quite boring, so I will upload some pictures of the places I visited.



In the same park :)


On sunday, we met Pelayo and his girlfriend, it had been a long time since the last time we had met, I guess it was in Krakow back in the last January. We hooked up by the sea and we had some drinks in a bar. Talking about everything, what we did, what we will do... time passed quickly and we had to say good bye to each other. At that point my stay in Barcelona was coming to an end and on monday morning I left to London again.


Parc del Laberint


After my visit to Barcelona I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand Barcelona is marvelous, nice place with awesome buildings, not as huge as a big city but with all the leisure activities you're looking for, enviable weather, sea... I mean, it is a really nice place to live in. However I had the bizarre feeling that you are a foreigner in your own country and it is at least sad. Anyway I spent a superb weekend there in Barcelona and I'd like to return again.


No comments:

Post a Comment