Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One year ago...

Hi dears!

This is a special day for me, that's why i am posting without any obvious reason. It's not my birthday, not even the day any of my brothers/ sister were born but the day i begin my Erasmus life or watching it from another point of view, the day i started my new, independent life.


I would have to rack my brains for a while, if i wanted to remember everything... so many things have happened. I do remember my first day though, the day i arrived to Poland, and i said Poland not Krakow cos i stop over Warsaw' airport. I wasn't used to travel at all, i had been in London four years before but in that trip i was with friends and in this case I was completely on my own. On my own in a place where i hadnt been before, in a place where everything was written in an unknown language, everything was.... just different. However I wasnt scared, i am not that pansy... but eagerly discovering new things, willing to know how was the life outdoors my parents' borders, hopefully, keen on checkin myself.



And I am completely proud to say that all the expectations that I had before that my new life begin were fulfilled BIG TIME.

Honestly I didnt have much to do at the beginning, i had all year ahead to develop my thesis so i was... let's say enjoying my life, doing totally different things from what i was used to. Surrounded by really nice people I've never felt alone, blokes like: Andy, Artur, Alberto, Francesco, Arnaud... Not to mention Fer, the perfect partner. Together we discovered new and magical places: Majestic Viena, strange Bratislava (greetings to Miroslava, Mateo and Beata), hilly Zakopane (Greetings to spanish people: Mar, Emi, Denis, Antonio and half spanish Mattiu), marvellous Wroclaw (Greetings to AEGEE people in general), traditional Belgium (greetings to AEGEE headquarters inhabitants, Luis, Lucia, Jael, Paula, Nica, Huevo, Ruben, Mario...), different and cheap Lviv (greetings to Lucia Illuminati), charming and neat Stockholm (greetings to Julita and Dorota), awesome Budapest and terrific Hungary in general (greetings to Ezster and Vero)... well and more places but I am just to lazy to write them down.


In all those places we threw many parties, we got to meet new people from around not only Europe but also America, we captured many moments with our cameras...


And what about the place where I lived... Ul. Emilii Plater 4/2A (sorry guys (Bartek, Fer and both Agnieszkas) about the wall issue... i didn't know that the bluetak is so hard to remove, haha but count on me for the taks, obviously i cannot go there to give a hand but I will give you moral support) well the point is that I just simply cannot forget such stunning flatmates... and don't get me wrong I am not trying to big them up, they are like that. I think all us 5 where the perfect combination, all of us different, i'd say quite different but everything worked out so fine...


And what about polish girls... greetings to Olga, Kamila, Kamila (Olga's cousin), Beata, Ewelina, Marta, Kasia, Julita, Dorota, AgnieszkaS in plural, all of them so cute and nice... it is really hard to find a cocky girl there in Poland, be sure they will never look down on you regardless their beauty.


Lastly, I'd like to say that I am already settled down here in Hatfield, today I started this MSc program and although it looks demanding I will cope with it (mmm sounded it so cocky...??). Not so much is going on here in this quiet place, i mean in terms of nightlife, nice thing to study though. The university has great sports and study facilities and it can be easily noticed that in UK universities have more resources than in Spain... Lots of volumes per book, hundreds of computers (even iMacs), free shuttle bus from one campus to another... and so on.


So far I've met a really nice group of spanish people and I swing by their homes from time to time to throw some parties, but not as often as last year.


Well and that was that, hopefully i will write more in the following days bearing in mind that i am going to Barcelona in less than two weeks and Oslo in less than three, so keep you informed

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment